Savory Pumpkin Dip...a new Fall Tradition
Updated: Oct 18, 2019
Yeah, so I realize that this is not a food blog - but this is something I created, through an adaptation of an existing recipe originally written by GimmeSomeOven and this version is SO GOOD, in fact, that it will certainly be our new Fall Tradition for get-togethers. We are one of three hosts for a Halloween neighborhood progressive party and we host annual trick-or-treating for a couple families so IT'S ON! I wanted to share HERE specifically because I appreciate DIFFERENT tasting things and trust me when I say, this is DIFFERENT and so. damn. tasty.
• (1) 8 oz brick low fat cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (Make sure this is NOT pumpkin pie filling because that is sweetened.)
• 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
• 1 pkg lean bacon, cooked until crispy, then crumble- about 8 slices
• 6 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 tsp SEASONED salt
• 1/2 tsp table salt
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (do NOT leave this out!)
--> serve with Whole Wheat Ritz crackers
Throw all ingredients into a food processor and mix until combined. You can also use
a wooden spoon or electric mixer with more elbow grease. Serve in hallowed out tiny
pumpkin with whole wheat Ritz crackers and garnish with green onion. Cover and
refrigerate until use.
If you enjoyed THIS recipe, you might enjoy this Podcast "Home Space and Reason" about home aesthetics, automation, organization and functionality. Available on any platform, but linked to Apple Podcasts HERE.
🌱 FOLLOW me for more about creating a Home that THRIVES. Your home is the framework for your life and quality of life COUNTS.